HONG KONG INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS
SUSTAINABILITY AND INTEGRATED REPORTING ADVISORY PANEL
Terms of Reference
Sustainability and integrated reporting are very prominent subjects being addressed around the world by the accountancy profession and business community and the importance and profile of the area is likely to increase in the future.
The advisory panel was established to assist the Institute in taking a more positive approach to raising the profile of sustainability and integrated reporting in Hong Kong. The Institute has the position and ability to bring together a wide range of stakeholders and is well placed to provide focus and leadership for efforts to develop awareness and adoption of sustainability principles and reporting in Hong Kong.
The advisory panel remit includes the following:
· Providing technical and practical experience to the Institute for development of initiatives, educational and support materials and publications to raise the profile of and encourage adoption of sustainability principles among Institute members and Hong Kong business community.
· Identifying specific issues or areas of work within the broader subject matter that are of particular relevance and importance to Hong Kong.
· Advising on coverage of sustainability in the Institute's strategic plans.
· Supporting the Institute's contribution and commitment to A4S, ABN and similar initiatives, including addressing the ABN principles.
· Commenting on the Institute's plans, management and reporting of its own sustainability issues.
To utilize the expertise and knowledge of the advisory panel to identify current and developing issues that may be suitable topics for CPD and educational events and/or research and other thought leadership projects. The advisory panel will advise the Executive Committee of potential topics for selection and prioritization of work to be undertaken.